Couch Session Videos
These videos were made in Oxford by the excellent ChalkStar Films in 2014 and 2015. The Couch Sessions featured local musicians performing more or less acoustically. It was an instructive experience to be so exposed - no gear to fiddle with, just sit down and play!
The first four videos feature these songs (clockwise from top left):
- "White Lilies", written by Alan Jenkins.
- "Coyotes", written by Don Edwards.
- "Tried And Failed" written by Dave Oates.
- "Devil In My Shoes", written by Felix Bechtolsheimer.
The next three videos are from our first Couch Session, in March 2014. The songs are (clockwise from top left):
- "Chances Are", written by Nathan Chapman, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose (from the film "Country Strong").
- "Wagon Wheel", written by Bob Dylan (chorus) and Old Crow Medicine Show (verses).
- "Eye[s] On The Prize", traditional gospel song, arrange by 1000 Mile Highway.
Here we have a song from the band's performance at the very first Wilderness Festival in August 2011. The line-up at the time included Streak Patterson on fiddle and guitars, (Arthur Young or John Corlett?) on bass and Geoff Holmberg on keyboards).
Finally, we have two videos from a performance supporting Swindlestock at the Port Mahon in Oxford in December 2013, when it was so hot that the walls were running with condensation!
These were shot by celebrated local music photographer & videographer Pier Corona, who worked almost entirely for love of the local music scene and would often attend several gigs a week while also working full-time.
Pier sadly died in November 2017 and will be much missed by everyone on the Oxfordshire music scene. In the words of Oxford music magazine Nightshift: